The moment we wake up in the morning we start to run, run for life. We deem nothing can go an inch here or an inch there because we have planned each hour so, we predict everything is predictable. And when we think everything is normal, then my friend, time betrays some of us and we fall into something unexpected, something unaccepted.
Life is not all about what you want always instead it is what you make of yourself, from yourself. Some of us incarnate as heroes out of odds, not because we planned everything right already but because we did right when everything was wrong.
“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” this is how survival functions. Men have been defeating their fate right from the origin of time with strong will power and unshakeable hope. People who stand tall to inspire us have survived biggest catastrophe of their life, they didn’t just survive they broke every reason which was supposed to break them, they defeat that brutal monster which was supposed to consume them, and they chafed that shame which was supposed to mock them. So let’s take a little walk to journey of few survivors who serve as a pure inspiration-
1. Little Liam Fitzgerald was diagnosed with leukemia at a tender age of three years, he went through 4 year long cancer treatment but he kept on smiling during his whole chemo therapy. He is an inspiration for those who are going through such tragedy….. Kid you are a born warrior.
2. Kelly Davidson is a cancer survivor and lost her feminine part during treatment but she didn’t make it a taboo and proved you don’t need to look normal to be beautiful. She is proudly inspiring others by unveiling her scars.
3. Rupa an acid attack survivor. She clawed her way out of death and now she is rejuvenating other acid attack victim’s life.
4. Nick Vujicic who mocked even nature by his bravery and determination….. he was born without limbs and today he is amongst greatest motivational speakers.
5. Malala Yousafzai who was head shot by extremists for studying….. and now she is a Nobel Prize winner for encouraging literacy and peace.
6. Ali Miller a rape survivor who initiated a movement for youth to come out of mental illness and depression because of terrible experiences.
7. Ira Singhal is a living testimony of ‘where is will there is a way’, she is a victim of Scoliosis which causes deviation of the spine and because of which she struggles to move even her hands, but she fought her way out toward becoming IAS 2014 topper like a lioness. Today she is inspiring differently able people as well as forces normal people to re-ponder our lives.
8. Famous Bear Grylls no one imagined that he would ever walk again after breaking three vertebrae because of that free-fall parachuting accident from a deathly 16,000 ft …. But he climbed to the summit of Mount Everest, 18 months after this accident. Today everyone know him as most skilled and fearless wild life adventurer and TV host.
9. Jessica Cox was born without arms but she never accepted that she lacks anything and she became first licensed armless pilot. She does everything that a normal person thinks twice before doing. Today she is a motivation to people of world by sharing her message of inspiration on stages.
10. Major D P Singh lost his leg in a bomb explosion during the Kargil conflict, but it didn’t stop him from being a soldier of life. It took 10 long and painful years to recover from injury. Now he is the blade marathon runner of India and has run almost every edition Delhi half marathon. Today he is an inspiration for athletes of this world.
11. Marla Runyan was diagnosed with Stargardt Disease just at the age of 9 which left her blinded for rest of her life but she emerged as a three time national champion of women’s 5000-metres race and also won four gold medals at the 1992 Summer Paralympics. Marla speaks at different stage to inspire others to help with their disability and turn that in bliss.
12. Dr. Satendra Singh contracted Polio when he was just nine months old but he never let this disability stop him from achieving his ambitions. His effort made ATMs disabled-friendly by constructing ramps. He is a prominent disability activist and founder of Infinite Ability – a medical humanities group on disability.
We are born to live once so life should be unstoppable.