Most awaited Forbes’ highest-paid 100 celebrity list is out and so, the truth has been spoken; now we know that who makes how much, and I am saying with my tongue-in-cheek. Every year Forbes release a list of 100 highest- paid celebrity, globally. 2017 Year list is gleaming with the diversity in entertainment categories as well as national boundaries.
Those days are long gone when only film actors used to churn money out of entertainment industry. Now if you scan the Forbes highest-earning celebrity list then you can easily analyze that whether it be the artist or athlete or even writer anyone can break this ‘limited profession-fame-fortune’ prejudice.
The special thing about this 2017 Year list is that musicians are dominating the chart, and if we talk about TOP 10 specifically, then out of 10 five spots are occupied by musicians only, then two athletes, two authors, and one Radio host. So, Heil Music!
Before proceeding with this list let me warn you that two things are visually inescapable, first too many musicians and second too few women, although former is cheering while later shows the darker side of the entertainment industry.
- Surprisingly Sean Combs is right at the top, approximately twenty year after appearing on the cover of the first-ever Celebrity 100 issue. Once he said, “I ain’t foolin’ around, I’m building assets,” and now world know why he said so.
- Beyonce aka ‘Queen B’ is just after Combs at second position and leading the flag of female fraternity, although unfortunately only 16% female celebrities have participation in the list, this clearly shows pay gap between both sexes.
- British author and Harry Potter book series writer J.K. Rowling is strongly holding third position outcasting many expected entertainers. She is the living example that no matter from where (profession) you belong, with your toil and motivation you can make fortunes.
- Cristiano Ronaldo and American professional basketball player LeBron James are at 5th and 10th position respectively among the top guns, no surprise.
- Lionel Messi is at 11th position unlike last year (8th position).He and his rival footballer Christiano Ronaldo both have slid a little down from previous year.
- Everyone’s favorite music band Coldplay has jumped into top 10 at 8th position, it’s a good news for underprivileged too since 10% of Coldplay’s income goes to charity.
- Indian film industry can’t stay far away because three Bollywood stars have made this cut too with Shah Rukh Khan at the lead. He is at 65th position surpassing big names like Novak Djokovic and Tiger Woods, jumping from 80th position of year 2016 list. Without any denial King Khan is reaping benefits out of his sheer hard-work and dedication towards his craft.
From starring roles in Bollywood movies such as Raees, for which he earns upfront fees and a cut of the back-end for his efforts. He also cashes in on endorsement deals for dozens of brands most Americans have likely never heard of. -Forbes for SRK
- Just after King Khan, Salman Khan is there at the 71st rank, thanks to his block buster movies and brand endorsement. Forbes gave quite a straight forward view about him-
Khan continues to produce and star in films, earning top rupee for flicks such as Sultan, which went on to become the second-highest grossing Bollywood movie of 2016. He remains one of India’s biggest stars, despite criminal controversies: In December 2015, the Mumbai High Court tossed out a conviction against Khan, who had been sentenced to five years in prison for a 2002 hit-and-run car incident which killed a homeless man.
- Our Khiladi of Bollywood, Akshay Kumar is at 80th position, big leap from 94th position of last year. With a national award in his side and such a fortune simultaneously, Happy New Year to him. The magazine addressed him as, “king of the Bollywood box office,” and says further-
mints millions through both starring and ensemble roles. He still keeps busy, starring in four movies in our scoring period. Kumar also pulls in seven figures hawking products from deodorant to Eveready batteries.
So, congratulation and best of luck for next year too!