College days are over and you are now ready to face real-life challenges at the workplace. The situation initially appears a bit awkward for a 20-something as he/she tries to adjust in a sombre office ambiance where most of the co-workers are in their 30s. This results in workplace crises that only a young adult can understand. Let’s take a look at 15 such workplace situations.
1. Your attire makes you uncomfortable the whole day:
Are they staring at me cause of my skirt length or they are simply curious about the young trainee! You try to find the answer the entire day.
2. You delete an important document/mail accidentally:
Our boss sends you an email with urgent instructions. You delete it accidentally and now you are wondering how to request him to resend the mail!
3. You send a reply-all email meant for your project manager:
You hit the ‘reply-all’ button and immediately realize the blunder. As the mail reaches 50 recipients you desperately pray that 49 of them ignore it except your project manager!
4. You arrive late for an important meeting/ seminar:
You discreetly enter the meeting room and silently pray that your delay remains unnoticed. You feel bit better the moment you see a colleague of yours entering the room with the same ‘I am sorry!’ look on his face.
5. You are called for a sudden meeting about which you have no inkling:
Is it because they don’t like my skirt length? Are they pissed off about me being late or for that stupid mail? Okay fine, I am ready to face it!
6. Your opinion is sought on a matter/subject which is new to you:
Will it be alright if I say I don’t know what it is all about? Should I request some time to study the matter and get back with suggestions? Tricky, isn’t it!
7. You can’t access the software with the project deadline approaching:
You request the IT admin guy to grant permission to access the software and he takes up the entire day to do so. Now you are just 2 hours away from the project deadline.
8. You get drunk at an office party:
You don’t remember how many glasses of wine you had and how you get back home but the next day you keep getting weird look from co-workers.
9. You need to travel with higher-ups for an important meeting:
It is one thing dealing with the boss inside the office but sharing the same flight or car to reach the meeting point! You feel self-conscious throughout the journey.
10. You sneak into the social media and realize the boss is standing behind:
You may not be the only employee to commit this crime but somehow you face the situation due to wrong timing!
11. You forget the deodorant spray:
Some way that makes you uncomfortable as you keep missing your favorite deodorant’s soothing smell the entire day.
12. Your boyfriend calls and the office go silent:
A skirmish with your boyfriend over phone and you realize others are straining their ears trying to figure out what’s going on.
13. You start sobbing:
A constructive feedback from the boss and you start sobbing and then keep wondering how it happened.
14. Your email to a friend reaches the team leader cause both have same name:
The email contains nothing harmful to annoy your team leader, right? However, deep inside the slip-up keeps nagging you.
15. You lie to take leave and your FB post reveals the truth:
You proudly post the picture ‘Having fun with friends!’ never realizing that an office colleague is in your friends’ list too.