People take pride in calling themselves a multi-tasker but it’s a very wrong fact. You can never do more than one thing at a time, except certain exceptions. Psychological research of many years proves that one person can only do one work or one cognitive task at one time. For example, you can only be thinking of one thing at one specific time, like you can be either reading or typing or talking or talking to yourself. This means one mental activity at one specific time. Similar to this there is a number of psychological facts that we are unaware of.
Some of them are listed below:
• If you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to succeed. Studies confirm you lose motivation.
• The very last person on your mind before you fall asleep is either the reason for your happiness or pain.
• Your mind rewrites monotonous speeches of boring people to make it sound interesting.
• People with high levels of testosterone get pleasure from the anger of others.
• People with low self-esteem tend to humiliate others.
• People sincerely believe that their negative opinions about others are truthful and have no connection with them and their self-confidence. In fact, the humiliation of others helps them restore their own self-esteem.
• The behavior of people is affected by bodily sensations.
• People tend to commit immoral acts or do not fulfill someone’s request for help if no effort is needed and they do not have to refuse a person directly.
• However, more people behave “as expected” if they have to take a moral decision in front of someone.
• Lying requires a lot of mental effort. A person who is lying has to keep in mind at the same time the lie – that it to say, and the truth – in order to hide it. As a result, he uses simple sentences and finds it more difficult to cope with mental tasks.
• The type of music you listen is your thinking as how you perceive the world.
• Convincing yourself you slept well tricks your brain into thinking it did.
• Being with positive happy people keeps you happier.
• Your decisions are more rational when thought in another language.
• Singing reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
So, people hope you will go these points and try to understand the person within you. You should be psychologically aware of these psychological facts!